With 25 seminar and conference rooms, we are one of the best-known seminar hotels in eastern Switzerland.
Today the former Charterhouse, embedded in vineyards and the unspoiled Thur landscape, is a lively seminar, conference and culture centre well served by public transport. Coupled with a modern infrastructure, this is a unique setting for developing creative ideas, generating new concepts and sharing memorable experiences. All our rooms have natural daylight and come with big windows that allow for surprising views and unexpected insights.
Seminars and Conferences
When Kartause Ittingen was a monastery, learning and teaching were crucial aspects of life – and this has remained so until today. Tucked away in a beautiful and calm environment, our seminar hotel offers the perfect conditions for intensive work and inspiring moments. In total, 25 rooms are available for workshops, conferences and congresses. Whether you are a small group or several hundred people, whether you prefer your event low-key or accompanied by special events – we handle all our requests with the same care. A hotel with 68 comfortable rooms, wholesome food prepared with fresh produce from our own farm, and a bar housed in the former ox barn complete our service.
Good to Knwo
The all-inclusive price comprises Wi-Fi on the entire monastery grounds, projectors, two pin boards, two flipcharts, presentation equipment, coffee breaks, Thurgau apples and mineral water. Our seminar technician will give you a helping hand if needed..
There are 25 seminar and group rooms as well as seven banquet rooms for you to choose from.
117 / 135m2
up to 40
up to 42
up to 75
up to 120
up to 45
50 to 85m2
up to 22
up to 35
up to 36
up to 60
up to 20
10 to 40m2
up to 16
up to 20
up to 16
up to 40
5 More Reasons Why you Should Host Your
Seminar at Kartause Ittingen
- The monastery grounds are a car-free zone, with ample parking space available free of charge.
- We go the extra mile to create an unforgettable experience uniquely suited to you and your team. Just let us know how we can help you.
- Kartause Ittingen offers sheltered employment for 60 people and trains 20 apprentices for eight different professions.
- Hotel classification and co-operations: 3 star superior, Unique, seminar and congress hotel, Seminarhotels mit Inspiration, Wanderhotel, Gartenhotels Schweiz
- Awarded by HolidayCheck as one of the most popular hotels world-wide for the 5th time in succession.
Events to Remember outside the Seminar
The versatility of Kartause Ittingen and its surroundings offer ample opportunity for inspiring supporting events with your seminar. Here our top 5 offers:
- Guided tour at Ittingen Museum on the history of the former monastery
- Fondue in the woods, made on an open fire by our master cheese maker
- Wine tasting with our oenologist
- Herbal salts workshop, with a tour of the monastery gardens
- Input tour on the subject of communication, strategy, CI/CD and mission statement
Apfelgarten das gewisse Etwas - Seminarräume mal anders
Kartause Ittingen is well reputed for its magical spots for inspirational work that leave no wishes unfulfilled. Our apple garden, surrounded by 150 columnar and two standard apple trees, is our open-air venue for creative work where you won’t feel cramped.
Blue sky, lush grass, fresh air and a sweeping view of the river Thur, forest and hops – the perfect setting for a unique experience.
Atelier Klause is the perfect place for visualising ideas and being creative with paint and brush. If required, our museum education specialist is happy to help.
Room of Silence
A short time-out break with accompanying meditation, some breathing space – you will find it here. Many ideas lie dormant. In the Room of Silence you can give them a chance to rise to the surface.
The 8-meter-long oak table is great if you work on large designs and projects. A built-in conveyor belt will give your product presentation that surprising twist.