A Unique Hotel near Lake Constance for Seminars, Events, Weekend Trips and Short Breaks. Breathe, Relax and Explore.
Kartause Ittingen provides 68 modern and stylish hotel rooms. Nestled in the unspoilt Thur landscape surrounded by vineyards and orchards, the former Charterhouse inspires with its calming yet powerful atmosphere. Natural wellness for mind and soul.
Within the monastery’s authentically preserved and restored walls you will find the Thurgau Art Museum, Ittingen Museum, a farm estate with its own garden, viticulture, cheese dairy and wood oven bakery. Restaurant Mühle and its adjacent idyllic garden is an inviting spot to linger and enjoy a well-deserved break.
Click here for availability and rates, to place a request or book a room:
Book directly with us and
benefit from many advantages.
- Best rate guarantee for all room categories
- Savings of CHF 10 when you book with us instead of online booking sites
- Free entry to both museums
- Free beverages from the mini-bar
- Welcome present in your room
- Better booking conditions
- Already on the day of arrival you will travel free of charge by public transport. Train travel is free and à discretion with Oskar on the entire Ostwind route network
- From the mountain tops to a boat trip to a visit to a museum: Enjoy your holidays with over 80 free holiday experiences
- More information about Oskar
Breathe. Relax. Explore. All in One Place.
Tastefully Furnished Rooms
The pared-down design creates an atmosphere of puristic simplicity and calm.
Located between forest and garden, the cosy garden rooms come with either balcony or terrace.
The attic mini suite with its comfy sitting area offers plenty of space for your well-being.
Five Good Reasons Why You Should
Stay at Kartause Ittingen
- The monastery grounds are a car-free zone, with ample parking space available free of charge.
- Mini-bar, museum admissions, bike rental (subject to availability) and lovely Ittingen breakfast buffet is included when you book with us.
- Kartause Ittingen offers sheltered employment for sixty people and trains twenty apprentices for eight different professions.
- Hotel classification and co-operations: 3 Star Superior, Unique, Seminar- und Kongresshotel, Seminarhotels mit Inspiration, Wanderhotel, Gartenhotels Schweiz
- Awarded by HolidayCheck as one of the most popular hotels world-wide for the 6th time in succession.
Explore and Experience a Special Place ...
... on your doorstep! Treat yourself to a stay at Kartause Ittingen – it’s only a click away. Whether you are active or in search of tranquillity, sporty or spiritual, foodie or nature lover – at Kartause Ittingen you will find the right atmosphere for your well-deserved break, whatever the weather or season.
At Ittingen Museum you experience close up how the monks lived. The breath-taking Baroque church is the undisputed highlight, but the authentically preserved rooms are just as fascinating.
Consult our calendar to keep abreast of all the events at Kartause Ittingen during your stay:
Thurgau – A Paradise For Hikers and Cyclists
We are also a hiking hotel! Explore the idyllic Thur-Seebach valley – the unique landscape between the Seerücken (lake ridge) and the Untersee (lower lake) – on a hiking route or cycling tour tailor-made for you. The following links will help you plan your trip:
Ittingen Scavenger Hunt
A sixty-minute or so discovery tour, Ittingen scavenger hunt will take you to various, partly hidden locations on the monastery’s premises. Suitable for families and small groups.
BBQ Picnic for Your Countryside Outing
A down-to-earth BBQ picnic to round off your trip. Our reception team is happy to tell you where to find the most beautiful spots – by car, bike or on foot.
A Heavenly Retreat in the Midst of Nature
Our romantic bubble hotel offers a gorgeous view of the vineyards and the idyllic Thur landscape. You sleep in a transparent bubble under the sky’s canopy, completely unseen as you are surrounded by flowering shrubs and trees.
Come rain, shine or starry night, the bubble hotel is a unique experience.
Our Bubble Room Offer
Overnight stay in our transparent hotel, breakfast with delicious specialities from our farm estate, free entry to Ittingen Museum and Thurgau Art Museum, as well as free use of the hotel’s bikes and e-bikes
March to June and September to October
Monday - Thursday: CHF 230.- for 2 persons/night
Friday - Sunday: from CHF 290.- for 2 persons/night
July to August
Monday - Thursday: CHF 270.- for 2 persons/night
Friday - Sunday: from CHF 330.- for 2 persons/night
Overnight stay in our bubble hotel with welcome drink "Ittingen Blütenzauber" and four-course dinner:
Monday - Thursday: CHF 450.- for 2 persons/night
Friday - Sunday: from CHF 510.- for 2 persons/night
Exclusive Thurgau tourist tax of CHF 2.50 per person/per night
Our bubble room does not have toilet or shower. However, there is a public toilet on the monastery’s premises within walking distance of the bubble bed and guests have their own shower and bathroom in the hotel.
The 2020 bubble season runs from Friday 1 May 2020 to Sunday 19 October 2020.
Book your overnight stay under the starry sky of Ittingen directly here:
We Are a Member of Garten Hotels Schweiz
Garten Hotels Schweiz boast lovingly maintained havens of beauty and tranquillity where you can unwind and let your mind wander.
Explore our gardens with an audio guide on one of four themed walks: «Garden and Landscape», «Calmness and Spiritualiy», «Art and Reflection» , «Fragrance and Pleasure».